Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this site (Spinal-Healthcare.com) is provided by Medical Associates Limited, subject to the following terms:
- By using Spinal-Healthcare.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Spinal-Healthcare.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use Spinal-Healthcare.com.
- Spinal-Healthcare.com may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the Spinal-Healthcare.com. Your continued use of Spinal-Healthcare.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/ or amended.
Use of Spinal-Healthcare.com
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Spinal-Healthcare.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Spinal-Healthcare.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Spinal-Healthcare.com content requires the prior written permission of Spinal-Healthcare.com
- You agree to use Spinal-Healthcare.com only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of Spinal-Healthcare.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Spinal-Healthcare.com .
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Spinal-Healthcare.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Spinal-Healthcare.com and/or Medical Associates Limited, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will Spinal-Healthcare.com and/ or Medical Associates Limited be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (i) loss of data; (ii) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (iii) loss of business; (iv) loss of opportunity; (v) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (vi) losses suffered by third parties; or (vii) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Spinal-Healthcare.com regardless of the form of action.
- Medical Associates Limited does not warrant that functions contained in Spinal-Healthcare.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Spinal-Healthcare.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Medical Associates or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Medical Associates Limited and/ or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Medical Associates Limited or any other third party.
Acceptance of Agreement
- By using this web site you agree that you have read this agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. You have independently evaluated the desirability of the service and are not relying on any representation agreement, guarantee or statement other than as set forth in this agreement
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Terms and Conditions of Spinal-Healthcare Spine Assessment Packages
1 x consultation with a Consultant in Pain Medicine
Investigations, not listed in inclusions
Other inpatient or Outpatient treatment
Sundry items, such as newspapers & phone calls
The admitting hospital reserves the right to refuse admission to a patient for any reason.
Spinal-Healthcare offers all patients their first choice of appointment date, however, we reserve the right to determine the date of appointment of the patient and, if necessary, change the date of the appointment should the appointment date need to be changed. If this occurs, prior notice will be given.
Costs incurred, which are not included in the consultation/investigation/treatment prices, will be charged at the admitting hospital’s standard rate. Patients will be advised of any extra costs in addition to the Spinal-Healthcare standard costs.
You will receive a written quotation for your Spinal-Healthcare package. Unless it is otherwise agreed in writing by us the price of the service will be the price set out in our written quotation letter.
Spinal-Healthcare, a member of Medical Associates Ltd, reserves the right to withdraw the quoted price at any time prior to the appointment.
Spinal-Healthcare also reserves the right not to offer a treatment package or treatment for any reason.
The quoted price of the package is valid for a period of 30 days from the date of issue.
The fees for the consultation are shown on our website.
For patients with private healthcare insurance or equivalent that provides reimbursement for this treatment, settlement arrangements are as per the prevailing agreement between the admitting hospital and the insurer or third party. For all patients, payment must be made in full prior to admission. The admitting hospital reserves the right to refuse admission to a patient who has not paid in full. You may require a referral from your General Practitioner to validate your private medical insurance claim.
Payment may also be made by other methods including credit or debit card. Any further investigations and/or treatment offered after diagnosis will incur extra charges and full payment will be required prior to the treatment being undertaken.